Saturday, July 25, 2009

Developmental or Congenital Dysplasia of the Hip ~ Grouped Post

Because there are so many parents out there like myself, suddenly finding out your child has hip dysplasia I get a lot of hits on my blog about that topic. I've grouped all my DDH/CDH and Rhino Cruiser Brace post here for your convenience. I by no means claim to know it all. Like you (maybe) I was lost when my daughter was diagnosed with hip dysplasia at three weeks shy of her second birthday. All my post are about what worked for us. Everything I know on the topic I either learned from other moms, trial and error or from Kaitlyn's doctor's great assistant.

Most of what I found online about the topic was dealing with dogs. Finally her pediatrician said to search DDH, CDH, and/or Developmental or Congenital Dysplasia of the Hip; I found several sites then as well as a yahoo group. So you don't have to do a ton of searching throughout my site to find the dysplasia or Rhino Cruiser Brace post here they all are from newest to oldest by their titles.

A bit about Kaitlyn... Like I said before her CDH was found three weeks before her second birthday. She had an open reduction, with her femur being shorten when she was almost 25 months old. She wore a spica cast for five weeks then had her second surgery to remove the pins from her hip and have a second cast put on for seven more weeks. Her three months in a cast was followed by wearing a Rhino Cruiser Brace full time. Her doctor at Texas Orthopedic Hospital says she will wear it "at least a year". She will have the plate and screws in her right femur (from shortening the leg) removed on August 17th.

Notice on 10/03/2014: Some links may no longer work for security reasons.

DDH Annual Check Up 2012
One Year And A Day
She's Free!!!
Loopy Drugs
Doing Better Post Surgery
Third Surgery
Brace Update
Brace Rubs
New Rhino Cruiser Brace
"Dr Brock, Cast-Brace"
Laci's Party
Lackland AFB & Rhino Cruiser Walking
Bye-Bye Cast
Rhino Cruiser Brace
Cast Free!!!!!!!!
Free Walking In Cast
1 Day And Counting
Stair Climber
Happy Easter
Around & Around We Go
Cast Off ~ Coming Soon
Tricycle Surprises
Pray For Dane
Videos ~ Talking On The "Phone"
Walking In Cast
Quick - Crawling & Walking In Spica Cast Video
Spica Cast Diapering And Taping
Clean Up
Spica Skirts & Swap Purses
Accidental Tricycle
Timely Surgery
Kaitlyn's Second Surgery
Clothes
Four Week Check Up
Pulling Up!
"Making-this-up-as-I-go-along quilt" part 2
The Children's Museum Of Houston
Some of Kaitlyn's Favorite Things
Doctor's Appointment
Tummy Bug
Day 2 At Home
We're Home!
Change
Developmental Dysplasia of the Hip Or DDH

No comments: