Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter

I hope you all had a wonderful Easter. Here's what Kaitlyn woke up to...
The shopping cart is to help her walk.

As you can see she knew just how to use the cart.

I made her a Boutique Easter Basket for her egg collection.
What little you can see of it, this is the Simple Sunday Dress

I didn't want her knowing the toy she was playing with had candy in it. When she asks what's in the egg on the biking bunny I tell her it's colorful balls. She knew right away what it was. She pretends to eat a piece at which time I admit it's candy. After I stopped filming she said Jelly Bean really clear.

For all spica cast parents of little girls. The Simple Sunday Dress fits perfectly over her cast. I actually made two of these dresses. The first was in a size 3/4 which is what she has been wearing since having her cast on; it was to big in the bodice. I made her a second dress in 1/2 and it fits great. The only portion of the pattern this it's made to be more fitted is the shoulders and they aren't covered by the cast.

2 comments:

Jayne Wittschen said...

you are very good at sewing!! I love the dress! And its so good to see Kaitlyn walking behind the cart!! At least you have a girl in a cast...much easier to dress!!

Hilary said...

Jennifer,
LOVE the basket and the dress!! so precious!! If we lived closer I would make well ask you to make me stuff..you are so TALENTED! I know I tell you that all the time but I really mean it...it is all so great!! God has really given you a gift :) kaitlyn is a lucky girl!! Glad you guys had a special Easter too. Have a super week :)
Hil :)