Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Running

My child rocks!  Today she did all of week 3 day 1 of C25K training with me.  C25K helps you slowly build up to running a 5k (3.2 miles).  It's really not about the speed, but the endurance.  It kicked her tail, but she pulled it off.  Since May I've been working on getting through this program.  However injuring my knees which resulted from running wrong and weak hips has given me several setbacks.  Did you know there's a right way and a wrong way to run?  Shouldn't I lean forward and quickly start putting one foot in front of the other and that be correct?  Apparently not.  And by the way, when I say running I really mean a slow jog.  When running or slow jogging in my case, your heels shouldn't touch the ground.  If they do, you're doing it wrong.  This took some brain training for me, but my knees are grateful for the lesson.

If anyone is wanting to work up to running a 5k I suggest you check out the C25K app.  It starts you out slow and builds.  Each week has three days of running/walking to completely.  If you're not up to a new day or need a lighter challenge you can repeat a previous day.  After so much starting and stopping because of my hips and knees I decided to repeat week 1 day 1 last week.  I barely started when I realized I wasn't enough so I kept running when they said to walk or walked for half the time and started running again.

Alright Kaitlyn Joy has come downstairs after her bath and bedtime has long passed us by.  To Bed With Her!!!

No comments: