Thursday, December 15, 2011

New Creation

Today Kaitlyn Joy and I were talking about Heaven.  She threw out a blanket statement saying everyone goes to Heaven.  I told her (again) only people who ask Jesus into their hearts to be their Lord and Savior go to Heaven.  We talked about it for a moment and for the first time I asked her if she had asked Jesus into her heart.  She said no.  I asked her if she wanted to and she said yes. 

Nine days before her fifth birthday Kaitlyn Joy asked Jesus to be her Lord and savior.  I've been waiting for this day for a long time.  Every night, since last March perhaps, she prays about Jesus dying on the cross for our sins and raising from the dead on the third day.  She always ends it by telling God we love Him.  I knew before long something would click.  That day has come.

No comments: