Monday, July 25, 2011

80/20

I watched Why Did I Get Married Too recently and the one thing that really stuck out to me was their talk about 80/20.  For those who haven't seen the movie the 80% is your satisfaction with your marriage and if you decided 80% isn't enough, the 20% is what you trade it for.  In the movie one of the husband's decides the grass is greener on the 20% side.  It doesn't take long before he realizes he got the short stick in the deal.  He wants his 80% back, but it's to late.  Now given that you are in a healthy - non abusive - relationship the 80/20 makes sense.  When I hear of people wanting to split because their spouse's quirks just irk them to much I always think if they get married again they are only trading one set of quirks for another.

Alright, I'm not really sure where I'm headed with all this.  I guess when married it's good to remember 80/20 during the rough times.  It's not an even trade.  Work it out!

No comments: