Thursday, July 29, 2010

VBS

We are four days into VBS and guess what? My child has a strong personality. Who would have guessed? I have no idea where she gets that from. =p Really though, my hope was that she would be better for strangers, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

On day one she didn't stay with her group at one point so the teacher had to go get her. While being carried back to the group she said "I hurt! I hurt! I hurt!" Since having her last surgery she learned if she says "I hurt" we typically or perhaps I should say used to stop what we were doing to see what hurts. Now her crying wolf gets old. I told the teacher that's just her wolf call and to ignore it unless she just fell down and/or blood is present.

Seeing how "awful" doesn't even begin to explain how terrible Kaitlyn Joy has been since we got back from Minnesota I decided not to put her poor VBS teacher through any more torture if day two went bad. To give you a tiny glimpse into her attitude for two days in a row I walked out of stores leaving my merchandise behind. One of those times she was in full meltdown mode. So for whoever asked if Kaitlyn Joy is worse after a trip the answer is YES! However, thankfully the biggest, demanding issues seems to be calming down. So maybe I won't have to mail her to my parents after all.

After day two I asked her teacher how it went. She said something along the lines of, "Kaitlyn *fiercely protects her personal space." Now, the actual word she used I'm not sure of, but what she was really saying is Kaitlyn Joy is aggressive if you get within her three foot radius (aka personal space). Beyond the personal space issue the teacher only had good things to say so we let her go back.

On day three she hit a little girl, but for the life of me I couldn't find out why. And yes I did get her to say she was sorry. I'm not sure if the little girl did something or Kaitlyn Joy just felt like a smack "just because" seemed like a good idea.

Today went off without a hitch. At least not one that I heard about anyway. I am a bit puzzled though... this was day four and she hasn't come home with anything more then stories of Daniel & the Lion's Den. Not one drawing or craft project. Maybe she'll bring something home tomorrow? Time will tell.

1 comment:

Hilary said...

Oh man...good luck! I tell you I feel for you! Hang in there!!