Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Sewing YCMT Patterns

Because Kaitlyn is growing like a weed right now she needs bigger clothes. There are three You Can Make This patterns I recently bought fabric for. Last week I used the first pattern and made a fun Twirl Skort.
I really need to make her a couple more of these. They really are great at keeping her covered. Kaitlyn has some skirts from The Children's Place that have built in shorts/bloomers, but if her legs are apart you still see to much. The Twirl Skort has bottoms that are long enough to keep you from seeing panties or even close enough to the panties. I know she's not even three yet, but there are perverts out there who prey upon little girls and would love to see Kaitlyn flashing her panties. The Twirl Skort keeps them from seeing anything. A BIG thumbs up. Another neat feature to this skirt is that the shorts underneath aren't just there hiding away, they have ruffles adding to the frilly look. I made Kaitlyn matching hair bows and embellished a top. I don't like how the top came out so I'm going to take off the dumb bow and add rick-rack like I did to the hair bows.
The pattern I started yesterday and would have finished if a friend hadn't put me to task with some important paperwork, is the Ruffled Capris & Pants.
I think these just look super cute. I'm making them pants length. At least I hope they turn out long enough. =)
The third pattern I bought fabric for is the Faith Double Layer Dress Top.
Kaitlyn has a Faith Top and Boutique Bottoms outfit that she is quickly growing out of. Every time she wears it she gets a ton of complements. This time I was only planning on making the top to wear over jeans. My hope is when she has to layer up in the winter months or maybe only in MN, she will still look cute with this top over a long sleeve shirt.

No comments: