Sunday, October 18, 2009

Daddy Weekend


We have been having such a daddy weekend; maybe week even. Actually I think it has been a daddy week. After his long absence for the first half of the year - conveniently while she had her hip surgery, pin removal surgery, three months of a spica cast, and the beginning of her brace - Kaitlyn shied away from Neal. At first she didn't want anything to do with him and then it moved to just favoring mommy. This week though... He walks in the door and she is all over him. He thinks she's picking and honestly it does seem that way, but really she just wants his attention. I believe it was yesterday morning that she came into our room and was doing everything short of jumping on his head trying to get some attention. He was really getting frustrated with her until I said, "she just wants you to play with her." I said, "Kaitlyn do you want daddy to play with you?" She replied, "Yes, daddy play with me!" LOL... At that he stopped playing possum and started interacting with her. It was my turn to play possum. Hehehe... Her legs were cold so I tried to warm them up. I was quickly told no as she scooted closer to daddy. This evening I was heading out to Jack In The Box for tacos and trying to get her to come along. Her and Neal both were dragging their feet. I asked if she wanted tacos then, because of his hesitancy, I told Neal he didn't have to come if he didn't want to. Kaitlyn quickly "ran" to his defence and said, "No leave daddy." LOL...

I honestly don't mind that she is running to him right now. It can save me ANOTHER trip to the potty when out, giving a bath, and other random tasks that I must do for her throughout the day or evening whichever he is home for.

She really does act like his little clone. I told her earlier that she was daddy's clone and she said, "no, I'm Kaitlyn." Sometimes she will say, "No, I'm a girl." Hahaha...

No comments: