Saturday, August 15, 2015

5th Grade Promotion Gift

Promotion Sunday is on the horizon so we whipped up a little gift for our 5th graders. Traditionally we don't give our graduating kids anything. I'm not sure why we've never done anything beyond praying over them, but this year we decided to remedy that.

Tomorrow is the last Sunday we get to have our nineteen 5th graders in children's church. I have to admit, I'm being a bit sappy while thinking about them never walking through our doors again while heading to their class. I know some will stay on to help both during large group time and in our small group classrooms. 




As you can see, we gave them a plaque with their name, it's meaning, and a verse to go along with each one. This was harder than I expected. As parents start trying to be more cleaver about the spelling and uniqueness of their child's name, it's harder to find their meanings. One girl was thrilled when she saw the meaning of her name. She said her mom made the name up so she never knew what it meant. In my hours of searching, I discovered her name was a variation of another name.


We put a letter from us, the children's church directors (I'm the assistant director), in each bag.




19 bags for our 5th graders.

No comments: