Thursday, May 23, 2013

Floats

Yesterday while walking through the Commissary I told Kaitlyn Joy we should make a float.  Of course she was thinking a shoe box float.  I grabbed some Blue Bell homemade vanilla ice cream.
 
For those of you not fortunate enough to live in Blue Bell country, I feel sorry for you.  There really isn't anything like it.  Yummy!!!  After putting the ice cream in the cart Kaitlyn Joy wanted to pick out her own flavor.  Nope, nope, nope.

She agreed making a float sounded like a good idea then wanted to know what kind (aka theme).  I said how about a purple cow?  She said, "so a farm theme."  I said, "no we're only making a purple cow."  At that point we went for the grape drink.


After getting the drink she wasn't any closer to understanding what in the world I was talking about.  She was trying to make her own selection in drinks.


After getting home and putting away all the groceries I put some ice cream in some cups and poured the grape drink over top.


And just like that I had two purple cows and a child who now has a better understanding of what a float can be.  It's not all about construction paper and cardboard.

You want a float now don't you? =)

No comments: