Sunday, November 11, 2012

Organizing Kaitlyn Joy

I wanted to give a quick post about organizing Kaitlyn Joy's daily outfits.  This is really something that drives me nuts on a daily bases.  If I don't hang up a weeks worth of uniforms over the weekend then I typically find myself searching for a uniform the night before or parts of it in the morning.  I let her wear any color of hair bow she wants because let's face it with uniforms it's the only personalization she gets.  Sundays can be another time I'm ready to pull my hair out.  While I'm trying to get ready for church, Neal wants Kj to get ready.  Well she can't just go grab anything so I have to stop what I'm doing and go grab her clothes.

Here's what I came up with to get everything together for each day...

 I sewed a ribbon to the top of a garment bag so I can hook them onto her hangers and fill them with all the things she needs for the day.  As you can see she only needed socks and a hair bow for church today. =)
 Here's her uniform with pants.  The garment bag has socks, an undershirt and a tie in it as well as the bow on the bag.

Here's her weeks worth of uniforms with their garment bags and hair clips all ready to go.

Originally she was putting all her whites in the bags at the end of each school day.  It was my way of keeping up with all her socks and making sure I had a pair for each uniform shirt.  It really crumpled the shirts when they were both washed and dried in the bags so I ditched that idea.

No comments: