Thursday, February 23, 2012

What's this?

Do you know those "What were you thinking?!!!!!!!!!!" moments you have with kids?  Well, Kaitlyn Joy...  This actually happened last month, but I thought I would share now.  I let her have a Blow Pop.  Remember those?  A sucker with gum in the center.  The next day I remembered she never gave me the gum or mentioned throwing it away.  I asked her about it.  For the life of her she couldn't remember what happened to her gum.  Lovely. 

On a side note, she has started bathing herself.  I most definitely think she could do better, but she has to start somewhere.  So what if we have to go through a couple years of dirty baths until she gets a good scrubbing. =)  Actually, I still pop in there a couple times a week to make sure her hair gets washed and she is well scrubbed. 

Well, the night she ate the Blow Pop she bathed herself.  The next evening she ran up to me and asked, "Mommy, what's this?"

 Oh my goodness!  At first I was grossed out and then it hit me this was the lost gum.  Well thank goodness it wasn't stuck on my carpet somewhere.  I was picturing having to cut the hair off right at her skin.  Thank goodness for peanut butter.  Next time though I will try straight up oil.  It took A LOT of work to get all the gum out.  Several times I debated cutting the hair off.  After all, she hasn't had short hair since she was 18 months to 2 years old.  I figure when it's long enough to cut at least 10" off to send to Locks of Love then I'll cut it.

She was happy when I finally got all the gum out.

No comments: