Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Still Sewing

I'm working on a couple backpacks right now. As you know from a former post I bucked up and put a few things on Etsy. My problem, which really isn't a problem, is that key items don't stay on there long. I posted a backpack and it sold in 24 hours. My other problem is that I must sew for the fun of it. Sure I could knock out a backpack in a day, but it would burn me out to do so. When sewing is no longer something I do to keep my hands busy or for fun then it will probably be something I give up. I sure don't want to fully burn out. I know last fall was hard for me. I felt like I needed to do it, but got to the point where I didn't care to touch it.

On a non-sewing note, I was talking to mom about diaper cakes. I tried making one for a baby shower once and it wasn't coming out so I went to plan B. Or was it plan A and the diaper cake was my rabbit trail? Maybe. I ended up making a diaper baby. Anyway, I told mom I want to tackle a diaper cake just to prove to myself I can do it. She doesn't see a point in doing so. A difference between mom and myself when it comes to crafts is that I'm driven to tackle those I find to be a challenge just to see if I can do them. Although it's been forever I even tried knitting. I just wanted to know how to do it. If I actually wanted to knit something I would have to pull out the how-to instructions again. So... a diaper cake. I need to learn how. I have an idea and really want to try it. I think my idea might work and actually make it pretty easy.

No comments: