Sunday, November 9, 2008

Faith Top and Boutique Bottoms

I made Kaitlyn the Faith Double Layer Dress Top and Boutique Bottoms recently. She wore it to base Friday night. When the BX (Base Exchange) put all their fabric on clearance for 50% off, I picked up these three prints. Looking back I wish I had bought more of the main green fabric on her top and none of the green top band fabric. The two greens were different colors; enough that I had to use two different colors of thread on them. and keep them separated by bands of the pink and white check. Instead of putting ruffles on the bottom of the pants I tried to make them bell a little bit and put a second layer just like the top. I actually used the pattern for the main shirt panel so the bell would be the same. I know this isn't the best picture, but Kaitlyn didn't want to cooperate for a better one; as usual. =(

1 comment:

Hilary said...

AWWWWW that is adorable...kaitlyn you are too cute :) Hope you had a great weekend