Thursday, September 11, 2008

About-face

I've gone from sewing to crocheting. I think the new sewing machine has me to intimidated to try it. It has a computer in it that makes sure the needle always ends in the up position.

One of my projects is a crochet blanket for Kaitlyn. I'm using Jamie Baby Yarn by Lion Brand and a honking big crochet needle. My goal is to have a big weaved, light weight blanket she can cover with even when it's to hot to be covered. She likes covering her face when she sleeps, but if it's 83* in the house I hate to give her anything to cover with. I'm doing it as a simple granny square.

My second project which should have been done by now is a top for Kaitlyn. I've done all the "skirting" for it and just need to do the actual bodice. If I had dug into the pattern and figured out the bodice it would have already been done. It's not a hard pattern and it's free for anyone who would like to give it a try.

No comments: