Friday, August 8, 2008

New Project

I must show you this. I've pushed aside all my other projects to give this one a try. Yesterday YCMT sent out their news letter with this new ebook for sell. It's actually on sale until the 10th I believe. I didn't need to wait until the 15th because:
  1. I've been wanting to try making a skirt, and

  2. This is their first women's clothing sewing pattern

I bought it and pulled out some fabric to give it a try. I would have had it done last night if Kaitlyn wasn't so clingy. I'm going to try finishing it today.

Recently I finished a top from a Simplicity pattern. It was supposed to be an easy pattern, but I still got lost while trying to follow it. It made me appreciate all the free tutorials I've been finding online and You Can Make This with their great ebooks. I just wish they had more women's clothing.

I'm using fabric I bought to make Kaitlyn outfits so it won't be the most ideal skirt, but... whatever.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, it must be so nice to be able to make things. I would love to learn how to do that some time, but none of my friends around here know how lol.
I hope you get it finished.