Sunday, August 10, 2008

All Done!

I finished my skirt today. I would have finished yesterday, but life was marching on. Here's a couple pictures of it for you. Although it looks longer in the picture, it's only 21" long.As you can see it's reversable. Both fabrics were supposed to be dresses for Kaitlyn. She'll now have to wait for my next fabric order to get a couple new dresses.

My one suggestion for anyone wanting to make the skirt, which was supper easy to sew and understand the direction by the way, would be to measure where you want the top of the skirt to be. The directions for the skirt say to measure your high hip and shows (a drawing) what I understood to be a couple inches above the hip area (biggest point). Well... my skirt hangs on my hips because I should have measured higher..

Okay... I have to give up typing because Neal keeps talking to me so I can't think to type properly. Sorry if I repeat or do not fully explain something; you now know my handicap.

1 comment:

Hilary said...

Love the shirt!! You two look adorable! :)