Friday, May 16, 2008

My IVF ~ never ending

I never did update on how things are going. My IVF was never canceled nor has it progressed. All the deadlines I was given have all been like dead grass in the wind. Every two weeks I go back into the clinic, they give me more drugs and say two more weeks. There is more to the cost of IVF then just the financial aspect. Currently I'm paying the most physically over the financial and even emotional side of treatment. Nine and a half weeks of drugs that give you menopausal symptoms is not fun. If they tell me two more weeks this Monday I'm going to push the issue. I'm done taking the drugs. The injections no longer faze me, but the side effects are pushing me over the edge. If I'm drop dead tired I would rather it be from pregnancy not drugs. What's frustrating is by the time it's all said and done, given they don't put me off again, I will have had many of the same pregnancy symptoms I had with Kaitlyn, for 12 weeks then Lord willing do it for real for another 13 weeks. I guess the bonus is once I confirm I'm pregnant four of those weeks will be behind me.
As of right now I don't care to ever do this again. I guess it's a good thing that we can't afford a fourth round.

No comments: