Friday, July 27, 2018

Hooker By Day...

Yes, I'm a hooker. Scandalous I know. I also love WIPs and chains. I'm holding both right now actually. =)

I used to sew a lot, but currently I crochet. Let's face it, a skein of yarn and a hook are more mobile than a sewing machine. I try to keep a project bag with me, whenever I leave the house, for downtimes.


I'm currently working on an Orient Beach Tunic. I made a goof with the yarn and picked up four Shawl in A Cake in Restful Rainbow instead of Shawl In A Ball. What's the difference? I don't know because I haven't looked. I do know they're both blends and they look similar. Check out this fade.


Typically cakes abruptly change from one color to the next, but this one does a subtle blend to each color.



While I'm going all crochet on you I'll add the hooks currently on my favorite list are these Boye Ergonomic hooks. I now question why I didn't buy bigger hooks a decade or two ago. I always bought the cheap aluminum hooks because they were the cheapest of course, but for a couple dollars more they beef up those handles. Why do those hook makers feel when I'm crocheting delicate thread it's perfectly acceptable to shorten the hook that's already the size of pencil lead? I don't get it. I was crocheting snowflake ornaments last Christmas. The hook was tiny so I baked it with Sculpey polymer clay wrapped around the handle. Just like that I had a manageable size hook the I had extended an inch so it fit my hand.

Alright, all this typing means I'm not hooking.

Jennifer

WIP - work in progress
Chain - crochet stitch
Hooker - someone who crochet (uses hook)

* No affil

No comments: