Friday, December 18, 2009

Sewing, Sewing, Sewing

I'm doing a big push to get all my sewing done, okay everything that MUST be done before we leave for my parents house. A little after 3am this morning I finished my mother-in-law's present. I've been working on it for a couple months so it was good to get it done. I really didn't think it would take this long. I would have finished my mom's gift, but I needed to run to the store and pick up a couple things. I had thought about sending Neal for them however he had a better plan of holding the couch down. He can be just like my dad. Only my dad leaves for work a couple hours before Neal even wakes up.

I need to go search through the craft room and see if I can find the tie pattern piece to Kaitlyn's apron. Because I cut the apron front as one piece I really only have to iron under the edges making small seams, add the ties and neck strap, add a ruffle, then I'm done. The pattern called for me to piece the front together from three pieces. Why go to all that work and have two seams up the front if I don't have to?

I have a shirt I embellished for Kaitlyn that I still need to satin stitch around everything. Because there's so many little pieces it's really a crazy amount to sew. The only straight front (not flared under the arm pits) shirt I could find without something painted on was the bow shirts at Walmart. Have you seen them? Honestly I'm not a fan of the ugly bow. I had made Kaitlyn some bright green and pink Boutique Bottoms and needed a pink shirt to go with it. After cutting the bow off I had a big area to cover. I cut several flowers out of the pants fabric and put them all over the top.

Besides those projects I do have another quick embellishment project that hopefully won't take long.

No comments: