Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Swap #2 Done!

I mailed my second swap off yesterday. I didn't get a chance to take a picture of everything because I had to return two movies and was cutting it really short. I handed the movies to the cashier within minutes of them needing to be back. I made everything I listed below, except the notebook cover. Even though the swap had a long swap time I didn't want to drag it out. I gave myself until yesterday to send it off. The tissue holder came out looking great, but did have a couple kinks. I made the ends a bit different on the inside because I didn't want rare edges. Basically I sewed less then 1/8" on the outside of both ends then turned it inside out and sewed the ends almost 1/4". I know by almost 1/8" I made it shorter then the pattern and it did make it tight. However if it hadn't been tight then your tissues, or mine really, would have been floating. The width was to wide. Your supposed to leave the edge raw and put a ribbon over it. I easily could have put a little hem on both edges with all the extra fabric. It wasn't terribly big, but it was baggier on the sides then I would have liked. I didn't leave the seams raw, but used a wider ribbon on top and folded it around both raw edges. I most certainly don't want my tissue holder fraying while I'm desperately trying to get a tissue out. I figured the width issue my have to do with the kind of tissues I was using. At the end of the tutorial she says to use a certain kind of tissue. It might be a bit wider and shorter then the one I used.

No comments: