Thursday, July 17, 2008

Disappointed

I made a purse yesterday from the free pattern you receive when signing up for the You Can Sew This newsletter. I expected it to be a small purse; all the pictures I've seen made it look small. Last night I was going to Neal's graduation from Airman Leadership School (ALS) and had to dress up for it. Yes, dressing up was mandatory. I thought The Debut purse would look good with my dress. I pulled out my black and white fabric and got to work. Before I sewed it together I found myself starring at 18" long strips. I thought, "this can't be right. The purse is supposed to be small." I double and triple checked that the measurements were right. Sure enough I was supposed to be making a mammoth purse. The only real problem with the purse and ebook was I simply didn't expect it to be big. Needless to say I finished the purse and put it away. I ended up taking a small blue purse a roommate bought me on her Thailand Trip. It small and flat enough I could probably slip my passport in it. It has a long strap that makes it look like it should go around your neck. I tucked the strap inside and opted to carry the small bag. I haven't given up on The Debut purse. I'm going to try it again, but this time I think I'll make the strips 13-14" long rather then 18".

Look at all the hair Kaitlyn has. It's getting thick. I believe it really helps I have kept it cut short so all the hairs catch up with each other. A couple days ago I saw a woman I know from MOPS (Mothers Of Preschoolers). MOPS isn't meeting over the summer so it's been a while since I have seen her and her daughter. Her little girl is Kaitlyn's age or older and has thin stringy hair. Trimming it REALLY short would help, but the child just doesn't have much. It seems like there are three different types of hair growers. You start really growing hair at: birth (I mean a lot that you don't lose), after 12 months or 24 months. If I couldn't have a child with hair at birth then I'm thankful she at least started growing hair at 12 months.

1 comment:

Hilary said...

I like the black&white purse...Kaitlyn hair is getting longer and she's getting really big :) Have a great rest of your week....